VacationLand Credit Union is looking for an experienced Collection Officer to join our growing team.
The Collection Officer is responsible for the control of late and/or delinquent loan accounts and pending late payment reminders. The position optimizes collections on accounts while balancing the goodwill of members with the overall business interests of the credit union.
General duties include:
- Update files and system accounts via the credit union’s delinquent loan recovery system
- Secure credit bureau reports
- Skip trace on loan accounts
- Maintain accurate data for repossession log, bankruptcy files, charge-off lists, etc.
- Determine when to compromise and settle balance, when to recommend foreclosure or repossession proceedings,
- File all claims, attend hearings, and coordinate with trustees for all bankruptcy filings
- Work with outside sources that affect Collections such as repossession agencies, attorneys, collection agencies, skip tracing agencies and other creditors.
Qualified individuals will have/be able to:
- Previous experience working as a collector
- Previous experience in a financial institution
- Proven proficiency in Excel
- Knowledge of federal and NCUA regulations pertaining to banking and collections
- Knowledge of EOSCAR system
- Knowledge of skip-tracing techniques and analyzing past due accounts
- Proven time management skills
- Starting Pay Range: $16.63 - $18.48/hr
- 12 paid federal holidays off
- Paid PTO after six months
- Insurance benefits after 30 days
- Generous 401k match and profit-sharing contribution program
- Clean, comfortable working environment
- Community involvement
To apply, please email your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. Submissions received without a cover letter and résumé will not be considered.
Alternatively, you can send your cover letter and résumé to:
VacationLand Federal Credit Union
Attn: Director of Human Resources
2911 Hayes Ave.
Sandusky, Ohio 44870