The COVID-19 virus has made how we do business much different than usual. We will continue to take the appropriate precautions to ensure our VacationLand staff and members remain safe as we provide them the safety, protection, and well-being they deserve and expect. And even though we have heightened our usual level of cleanliness, we will intensify our cleaning and disinfecting at all our branches, while we still limit face-to-face contact.
This virus continues to impact our daily lives, and avoiding unnecessary human interaction is just one way we're working hard to keep you safe. Our lobbies are open; however, your credit union has – and still encourages – substitute methods to access your accounts such as our online, mobile and drive-thru services; remote deposit capture; online bill pay; and ATMs. These valuable options allow you to stay connected to your VLFCU accounts anytime and anywhere, by using our innovative, time-saving and convenient services when you are on the go:
- Mobile Banking: Check your balance, transfer funds, deposit checks, pay bills, get activity and security alerts, and much more. Makes managing your money easy. You can download our mobile app online here for apple and android devices.
- Online Banking: Monitor your accounts, manage your checking and savings accounts, access bill payment service, view eStatements, connect accounts to Money Management tools, and enhanced security features.
- Remote Deposit Capture: Deposit checks to your account via your mobile device through our mobile banking app. No need to visit a branch or an ATM when using this free, safe, and secure deposit feature.
- eStatements: Access your statements using most internet-enabled devices. Reduce paper waste and get your monthly statement faster, and easily navigate through at least a year’s worth of past statements.
- Easy Bill Pay: Pay all your bills online through online banking or the VLFCU app. The service is free when you’re enrolled in eStatements and allows you to pay/receive bills, get activity alerts and schedule payment reminders. You can also access past payment history.
- Telephone Banking: Access your accounts from any touchtone phone. Free telephone banking makes banking faster, easier, and safer. Now, all your account information is just a phone call away!
- Nationwide ATM Access: Get instant cash at thousands of ATMs displaying the Pulse, MoneyPass or Cirrus Network symbols. Fees may apply.
Other Safety Precautions
As we recommend the use of our remote services to keep you safe, we're also doing our part to keep you safe while you're online. We have measures in place to protect our members' accounts and identities. You can bank online with confidence knowing we are protecting your personal information using the highest encryption standards and secure socket layer (SSL) technology. Plus, you can easily register for activity and security alerts on all your checking, savings and credit card accounts. Ultimately, at VacationLand FCU, your privacy is one of our top priorities.
We're more than happy to go above and beyond to safeguard you and your family. You can help us help you by referring to a previous blog, "Helping You Stay Safe” where you’ll find tips and important ways to protect yourself online. Also check out our Fraud Protection Resource Center. We'll keep you updated on the latest scams and we have put together excellent resources which will prove to be reliable and helpful. Refer to these resources' sites regularly for current scam-related news.
Contact-less business procedures have become our "normal" for the time being, but it seems that this has also become a way for us to stay even more in contact with our members. If you're having any problems with our e-services, or would like to get signed up today, keep in mind that all our Member Relations Representatives are conveniently available by appointment or may be able to help you over the phone. Call us at 1-800-691-9299 to get started.
Before we go, we once again want to remind you that we have expanded our field of membership to include Huron County and several surrounding townships. We're looking forward to becoming your lifetime financial partner!