Samantha Brake, Mortgage Lending Officer
Jen Wells, Mortgage Lending Officer
Whether it’s for your starter home or your dream home, a mortgage from VacationLand Federal Credit Union can make buying a breeze.
Our loan advisors live right here in northern Ohio, so decisions are made locally by people you know and trust, not in a distant corporate office. Get help from financing experts you trust and see how easy buying a new home can be.
Contact one of our knowledgeable mortgage lending officers to get started with the purchase of your new home or to refinance your existing mortgage.
Looking for a realtor to help you search for your next home? Check out our Realtors of the Month!
Mortgage Loan Pre-Approval
Getting pre-approved for a mortgage loan has several benefits. It signals to realtors that you're serious about buying a home. The pre-approval process also helps you determine what you can comfortably spend on your monthly mortgage, so you're only looking at properties within your budget.
Other benefits of a pre-approved mortgage loan include:
- Increasing bargaining and negotiating power: sellers will be more likely to accept an offer with someone with a pre-approved mortgage loan because it speeds up the sales process and gives them confidence that the sale will go through.
- Faster closing period: With a pre-approved mortgage loan, the appraisal can be ordered immediately and shorten the closing process by up to two weeks.
Contact one of our Mortgage Lending Officers to get started on your mortgage loan pre-approval today!
Mortgage Loan Types
VLFCU offers a variety of mortgage loan products to help you with the purchase of a new home, refinancing an existing mortgage, home improvements and more, including:
- Conventional mortgage loan
- Jumbo loan
- Second mortgage
- Veteran’s mortgage loan (VA loan)
- Jumbo loan
- First-time homebuyer’s loan (FHA loan)
- USDA rural development loan
- Vacation home loan
Each VLFCU mortgage loan features these benefits and more.
- Flexible rates (fixed & adjustable)
- Flexible terms
- Competitive interest rates
- Low down-payment options
- Low mortgage application fee
- Discounted rates for shorter-term loans
- No early pay-off penalties
- Local mortgage specialist
- Payments by payroll deduction available
- Interest may be tax-deductible (consult your tax advisor)
Mortgage Loan Education
There is a lot to understand when it comes to mortgages and it can seem overwhelming. Our Financial Empowerment program on Mortgage Loans has the information you need to prepare yourself for the mortgage application and home-buying process, including:
- Mortgages costs and considerations
- Different types of mortgages
- Applying for a mortgage