At VacationLand Federal Credit Union, your privacy is our priority. Our Privacy Policy describes how we safeguard our members’ financial information.

Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. Therefore, when you apply for a loan, open a checking or savings account, etc., we will ask you to provide proof of important information such as your name, address, birth date, or any other details to help us identify you.

Proof of that information may require you to present your social security card, driver’s license, a state ID card, birth certificate, or current passport. These are required steps we take in order to confirm the identity of our members.

Speaking of driver’s licenses – in July of 2019, the state of Ohio gave us the option of obtaining a regular or Real ID-Compliant driver’s license or ID card from the Bureau of Motor Vehicles. Beginning in October 2020, if you want to use your driver’s license to access federal facilities or airport security, you will need the new compliant cards, which are valid for four years.

If your license is up for renewal soon, it may be worth your effort to get a compliant card; however, “standard” licenses and ID cards are still available. If you opt for the standard license or ID, you can still access federal facilities or military bases and fly within the United States, but you will need a valid passport or other acceptable documents to do so.

Before making the trip to the BMV to obtain one of these “Real” licenses or ID cards, be sure to take a look at their website for the needed documentation required to obtain a compliant card. The BMV tells us you will need proof of:

  1. Full legal name
  2. Date of birth
  3. Legal presence in the US
  4. Social Security number
  5. Ohio street address – TWO documents, from different sources, proving Ohio residency
  6. Proof of name change –You must connect your birth name with your current legal name. You must bring an ORIGINAL or CERTIFIED COPY of the following name change documents to make that connection:
    – Marriage Certificate or Marriage License
    – Certified Copy of a Decree of Divorce, Dissolution, or Annulment of Marriage
    – Certified Copy of a Court-Ordered Name Change

Although this is a substantial amount of paperwork, these security measures are in place to discourage forgeries and fraud. The cards themselves are also produced using new technology making them less susceptible to compromise. For a full list of Acceptable Documents for authenticating your identity, please go to:

Find out if a Real Compliant DL/ID card is right for you. Read more about Compliant VS Non-Compliant IDs and get better informed at

Remember, protecting your personal information and safeguarding your credit is one of VacationLand’s top priorities. You can be assured we take every precaution when it comes to your financial future.