Love is in the air. With only a few days left until Valentine’s Day, you need to be sure the special someone in your life knows just how special they are. Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to break the bank. There are plenty of ways to celebrate with your loved one without spending a fortune. Here are some ways to celebrate the day by doing things together that most likely are within your budget:
- Have a nice dinner at a modestly-priced restaurant, but be sure to keep an eye out for Valentine’s Day specials and discounts. Afterward, you can always bundle up and take a romantic stroll with your special Valentine through any of our lovely local parks.
- Cook a romantic dinner at home. You do not have to splurge at an expensive restaurant. Why not stay in? Light some candles, play your favorite music, and prepare a simple yet delicious recipe.
- Have a spa day at home. Massages, facials, and a relaxing bubble bath are great ways to save money.
- Spend the day cuddled up on the couch, binge-watching your favorite movies or TV shows. A great way to spend quality time together that costs nothing.
- For some, flowers and candy are classic choices. If roses do not fit the budget, substitute them with wildflowers or other varieties. For your special Valentine, you might also want to consider clothing or jewelry, phone chargers or screen cleaners, grooming/beauty kits, or even tools.
Celebrating Valentine’s Day does not have to be expensive. With a little creativity and thought, you can both enjoy a memorable and meaningful day. Remember, it’s the thought that counts!
If you do plan to splurge on that special someone this month and are still recovering from post-holiday overspending, we have the perfect way to avoid heartbreak. Until the end of this month, we’re showing our members a little extra love, too. A great way to save some money right now is to take advantage of our credit card balance transfer special promotion. Transfer high-interest credit card debt to a Visa Rewards credit card at VLFCU and enjoy a 3.99% introductory APR for the first 18 months. Consolidate merchant and major credit card debt without balance transfer or cash advance fees.
In addition, current and new Visa Rewards credit card holders will earn BONUS points when they transfer balances totaling $1,000 or more! Transfer $1,000 up to $10,000 to earn 10,000 ScoreCard Rewards points or over $10,001 to earn 25,000 points. Redeem your points for cash back, gift cards, Cedar Point passes and merchandise.
Take advantage of this opportunity while it lasts. The offer is valid only until February 29, 2024.
Saving money is one of the best ways to keep your money in your pocket. Furthermore, why not commit to keeping the love going, not only on Valentine’s Day, but throughout the entire year!