Whether it’s for your starter home or your dream home, a mortgage from VacationLand Federal Credit Union can make buying a breeze.
Our loan advisors live right here in northern Ohio, so decisions are made locally by people you know and trust, not in a distant corporate office. Get help from financing experts you trust and see how easy it can be to finance a new home.
Contact one of our knowledgeable mortgage lending officers in Huron, Norwalk, Sandusky or Vermilion to get started with purchasing your new home or refinancing your existing mortgage.
Mortgage Loan Pre-Approval
Getting pre-approved for a mortgage loan has several benefits. It signals to realtors that you’re serious about buying a home. The pre-approval process also helps determine what you can comfortably spend on your monthly mortgage, so you only look at properties within your budget.
Other benefits of a pre-approved mortgage loan include:
- Increased bargaining and negotiating power: Sellers will be more likely to accept an offer from someone with a pre-approved mortgage loan because it speeds up the sales process and gives them confidence that the sale will go through.
- Faster closing period
Contact us to get started on your mortgage loan pre-approval today!
Trisha Dauch, Mortgage Lending Officer
Mortgage Loan Types
VLFCU offers a variety of mortgage loans to help you purchase a new home, refinance an existing mortgage and complete home improvements including:
- Conventional mortgage loan
- Second mortgage
- Veteran’s mortgage loan (VA loan)
- First-time homebuyer’s loan (FHA loan)
- USDA rural development loan
- Vacation home loan
Benefits of a VLFCU Mortgage Loan
- Fixed and adjustable rates
- Flexible terms
- Competitive interest rates
- Low down payment options
- Low mortgage application fee
- Discounted rates for shorter-term loans
- No early pay-off penalties
- Local mortgage specialists
- Payroll deduction payments are available
- Interest may be tax-deductible (consult your tax advisor)
Mortgage Loan Education
There is a lot to understand regarding mortgages, and it can seem overwhelming. Our Financial Empowerment program on Owning a Home has the information you need to prepare yourself for the mortgage application and home-buying process, including:
- Mortgages costs and considerations
- Different types of mortgages
- Applying for a mortgage
Enter values below and we will automatically estimate your payment.
Loan Amount: 0
Total Interest: 0
Estimated Monthly Payment: 0