Dollar Dog Kids Club
It’s never too early to learn how to save. This children’s savings account makes it fun for kids 12 and younger to start socking money away, with special prizes, activities and other features for your child to enjoy.
We even offer special share certificates with a rate based on the child’s age. Teach your children the benefits of sound financial practices now, and they’ll thank you for it later.
Open a kids savings account at any of our branches in Huron, Norwalk, Sandusky and Vermilion or give us a call to get started. Membership is required. Not currently a member? Click here to learn more.
Look at our rates.
Dollar Dog Kids Club Benefits
- Dollar Dog Kids Club teaches kids the value of saving.
- Earn dividends on balances of $100 or greater.
- Dollar Dog Kids Club accounts have no monthly fees.
- Children can participate in fun activities and earn prizes.
- VLFCU offers special youth share certificates based on child’s age.
- Dollar Dog members receive a special dividend when they make a birthday deposit.*
- Explore the VLFCU Dollar Dog Kids Clubhouse for fun games and freebies.
- Dollar Dog Kids Club accounts are insured up to $750,000.**
*Birthday dividend of 5% on the member’s deposit up to $5.00, limit one per year. Birthday deposit may be made on any day during the birth month up to the age of 12 years.
**All depository accounts are insured up to $750,000. The first $250,000 is provided by the NCUA Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF). An additional $500,000 is made available through private insurance from Excess Share Insurance (ESI). This coverage is more than most financial institutions offer.