VacationLand Federal Credit Union
Your hometown source for full-service banking, loans and all your financial needs.
Serving the communities of Erie County and the school employees of Huron County.
Call us at 1-800-691-9299
2016 Calendar Contest
Calling On All Shutter Bugs!
Last year’s calendar photo contest was a big hit with our members! Submissions for our our 2016 calendar will be accepted from August 1 through October 12, 2015.
Here are a few details to keep in mind:
- Photos should be in landscape/horizontal orientation
- We are looking for scenes that can be easily identified as part of Erie County
- Photos from each season are needed
- A panel of judges will post their favorites to Facebook
- The public will be asked to vote on Facebook from October 19th through November 1st
Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org with “2016 Calendar Contest” listed in the subject line. Include your name and a phone number. Photos sent electronically should be at least 9”x12” at 300 dpi or 38”x50” at 72 dpi.
Hard copies should be at least 8”x10” in size and can be dropped off or mailed to:
VacationLand Federal Credit Union
2911 S. Hayes Avenue
Sandusky, OH 44870
Attn: Heather Gilchrist
Keep in mind that photos will not be returned, so please do not send us your originals. The contest is open to all VLFCU members and employees. Membership will be verified. By submitting your photo, you agree to have your name published if your photo is selected for the calendar. No prizes will be awarded for this contest and participation is voluntary. Give our marketing office a call at 419-625-9025, ext. 1342 if you have any questions.
Scholarship Time Again!
January 21, 2016: Can you believe that we are already half way through the school year? As high school seniors take their final steps toward graduation, they should remember the Annual VLFCU Scholarships! Every year we award six $500 scholarships to graduating high school members. The process is not overly complicated like some, so why not throw your hat into the ring? Every dollar counts when you are headed off to college or a post-secondary school.
So how do you get your hands on one of these scholarship applications? There are three ways:
1. Visit your guidance counselor
2. Stop by any of our five branches
3. Simply click here and download the application
Just remember that the deadline is March 31, 2016!
But wait, there's even more money up for grabs...
COMMITTED TO OUR GREATEST ASSET... YOU!
As 2015 draws to a close, I’d like to briefly reflect back on the past year; and what a year it has been! Our 2015 accomplishments included:
- The completion and opening of our new Huron branch. We are proud to become a part of the Huron community. They have responded in full force and welcomed us with open arms.
- Finalization of our credit/debit card microchip program. This creates a unique transaction code that, if stolen, is useless to the hacker. In a day and age where fraud is on the rise in record numbers, we will continue to strive in protecting our greatest asset, which is you, our members.
- Finalizing our new mobile app earlier this year. We understand the importance of convenience. The new mobile app offers our members just that.
- Membership growth. We set a lofty goal for ourselves of a 3% membership increase for this calendar year. I am pleased to report that we exceeded that at 4% which equates to over 660 new members to our credit union in 2015!